Local housing association A2Dominion revealed its plans for the old Woolworths site in West Ealing at a public exhibition last Saturday. Key points in their plans include:
- 118 homes with 35% affordable (of the affordable homes 60% will be affordable rent and 40% shared ownership)
- 11 storeys at front on Uxbridge Rd and 15 at the back on Singapore Rd
- The art-deco facade will go as it is in poor repair and very restricting on how the new building could be designed making in financially unviable
- the facade on to the Uxbridge Rd will compliment the proposed next door BHS site development
- No parking but 172 cycle spaces
- retail outlets retained on ground floor
A2Dominion is already developing the nearby Green Man Lanes Estate and the next door site, the old BHS building, is awaiting development with up to 135 homes.
A2Dominion want to hear your views on their plans. The detailed plans and how to have your say are on their website. February 2020 – this website no longer works.