Ealing CVS will be running West Ealing Library when it re-opens in the spring and they are looking for volunteers to help with this. There are two recruitment sessions coming up in February:
Monday 10th February 10am – 12noon
Thursday 20th February 12noon – 2pm
WEN is delighted that the arts organisation OPEN Ealing now has a permanent new home in Dickens Yard. OPEN started life in what was A2Dominion’s old headquarters on the Uxbridge Road opposite the fire station. There it grew and thrived and became a key arts venue for all of Ealing with a wide range of arts activities across the seven floors of this building. One highlight for me will always be the residence of the Opera Viscera and their sell-out perfomance of Narcissus and Echo
OPEN had to leave the building when A2Dominion wanted to build their new HQ on this site. Since then OPEN has continued to run classes and events from a number of temporary homes. Now, at long last, OPEN has a brand new permanent home in Dickens Yard located between Jigsaw and Gymbox. Great news and we wish them well.
More details about OPEN Ealing can be found here
The struggle to save Warren Farm continues. This is a recent email from the Hanwell Nature group:
‘After 9 long months, we can finally announce their is exciting news – a real break through in the campaign to protect Warren Farm.
cHanwell Nature’s legal team have found the strongest legal argument yet, and a local resident and member of Hanwell Nature has issued legal proceedings against Ealing Council’s decision to grant planning permission without undertaking an Environmental Impact Assessment. (EIA) as to the impacts such a development would have. We firmly believe Ealing Council has a duty to protect our open green spaces, and the environment that we all share. This new legal action opens the door to a judicial review of that decision in the High Court. Therefore we need your help to make sure that happens.
WHY IS THIS SO IMPORTANT?
a time of perilous climate change and the world’s attention firmly on
creating solutions to protect our environment, we can’t keep looking
away helplessly while our environment suffers at the hands
of ill-considered development. It’s time to take a valiant stand for
nature and ensure our Councils are protecting it when considering large
developments, with high impact.
THERE ARE MANY WAYS YOU COULD HELP
- You can pledge to donate to the legal fund on our crowd justice page we have 29 days to raise £11,000 we are almost half way there!
- Forward this email to your group, family and friends.
- Download a copy of “easy steps to protect Warren Farm”that you can take with 5mins – 1hr of your time here.
- Could you join together with others to become and Environment Angel (see the attached PDF for more details).
- Please share on your social media
- Comment on our blogs. http://www.hanwellnature.com/blog/ have your say.
- Share the campaign video https://vimeo.com/356906929
- Like and follow us on Twitter, lets get it up to a 1000 followers (don’t have a twitter account perhaps someone you know does, why not share the link with them to like our Twitter profile https://twitter.com/HanwellNature
- Like our Instagram https://www.instagram.com/hanwellnature/?hl=en there are some amazing pictures of the wonderful nature now living on Warren Farm.
We appreciate all your help in getting this important cause out there, and if you would like us to talk at a meeting or gathering of your friends or local residents we would love to support you in that. Or maybe you can think of other like minded groups that support the environment, that you could reach out to?
For further information please email us, we would love to hear from you.
The Hanwell Nature “hive” is at maximum output.
Best wishes and thank you again, every bit of support keeps us going.’