Saturday 15th August 2015
Have you ever walked past the allotments on Northfields Avenue and wondered what it’s like inside?
The allotment committee thought it was about time we opened the gates and let more people see the allotments. The site is a wonderful place, full of greenery and wildlife. We have butterflies, bumblebees, honeybees and stag beetles (which are protected and endangered).
We will be having our first open day at the Northfield Allotments on Saturday 15th August 2015. Entrance is FREE!
We hope you will come along to see what is normally hidden behind our locked gates.
• Bee Hives – with viewing panel
• Teas, Coffee and cakes
• Vintage tool display
• Plants and seeds for sale
• Guided Walk at 3pm – History and allotment features
• WW2 Anderson air raid shelter and heritage vegetable garden
• Plot Awards – Best Newcomer, Best Traditional Plot
Gates open from 2pm to 5pm. We’d love to see you there and show you around.