The full report of last week’s public meeting about Crossrail, attended by some 200 people, is on the West Ealing Centre Neighbourhood Forum site. Here’s a brief summary of the key points:
- No detailed plan yet for the new station at West Ealing and some questions raised on its exact location in Manor Road
- Ealing Council is not happy with the initial design for Ealing Broadway station so has appointed architects to help on designs for all five Crossrail stations in the borough
- A strong desire at the meeting for step-free access to the new station from the south/high street side
- A strong desire at the meeting to see the area surrounding the station redeveloped
- Can something be done to make Jacob’s Ladder better and accessible to wheelchair users and parents with buggies? This will cost a lot of money. How can it be raised?
- No detail yet on car parking, dropping off or cycle bays
Seems almost everything is still to play for and WECNF will organise another meeting when there is definite information available.