West Ealing Nationwide branch to close 29th April

With Nationwide closing on 29th April that just leaves the Post Office as the only form of bank left in West Ealing. The Post Office’s services include paying in cash and cheques and withdrawing money. Yet, pretty much every time I go past the Post Office there’s a queue there and that surely will only get longer once Nationwide ‘joins its larger branch in Ealing Broadway’.

The rapid shutdown of high street banking in West Ealing, and across the country, may be driven by the ever increasing use of online banking – up to some 80% of people by 2020 – but it what about the remaining 20% of people who are left having to queue in all weathers to do their banking?

Leave a Reply